Summary of FDTC's Graduate Survey 2004
The Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC) Graduate Evaluation Survey 2004 results are attached for review. The Graduate Evaluation is administered annually to the graduates in attendance at the graduation rehearsal in May of each respective year. On May 13, 2004, four-hundred and thirty-four (434) students completed the survey. Highlights of the survey results are listed below. A report of statistics related to the full report is available for review in the FDTC Office of Research, Planning, and Assessment.
Graduate Considerations of FDTC and the Future
- 66% of the 2004 Florence-Darlington Technical College Graduates said they attended FDTC in preparation for career advancement.
- After graduation 65% of the graduates said they plan to maintain their current job or find a new job. An additional 21% said they plan to continue their education.
- 63% of the graduates who were surveyed said they were satisfied to very satisfied with the manner in which the college showed concern for the students as individuals.
- 62% of the graduates who were surveyed said that they were satisfied to very satisfied that they were able to register for the classes they needed with few conflicts.
- 94% of the graduates said that they accomplished their educational goal(s) at Florence-Darlington Technical College.
- 66% of FDTC's 2004 graduating class said that their job was related to their current academic degree.
- 90% of the 434 students surveyed said that they would recommend FDTC to a friend or relative.
- 84% of those who were surveyed said that they would consider FDTC in the future to upgrade their job skills or change careers.
- 58% of the graduates said that they expect to still be working in the PEE DEE 10 years from now.
Graduates rated Student Services with the differentiations noted below.
- Admissions- 84% Good to Excellent
- Registration- 81% Good to Excellent
- Financial Aid- 83% Fair to Excellent.
- Job Placement- 90% Fair to Excellent (Represents the responses from graduates that chose to use said services offered at FDTC)
- Faculty Advisor- 88% Fair to Excellent
- Library- 72% Good to Excellent
- Student Activities- 76% of Students who participated in Student Activities rated Student Activities Fair to Excellent
- Registrar Services - 88% Fair to Excellent
- Veterans Affairs- 84 % of those students responding to this item rated the services Fair to Excellent
- Success Center- 96 % of graduates who used this service, rated it Fair to Excellent
- Testing/Assessment Center- 83% of the students surveyed rated it Good to Excellent
- WebAdvisor- 74% of the graduates rated WebAdvisor, the colleges online advising center, as Good to Excellent
- FDTC Website- 77% of the those surveyed said that the FDTC website was Good to Excellent
Students stated the following observations about their educational programs:
- General education course content- 83% Good to Excellent
- Course content in your program area- 84% Good to Excellent
- Course variety- 80% Good to Excellent
- Quality of instruction- 82% Good to Excellent
- Instructor availability outside of the class- 80% Good to Excellent
- College transfer procedures- 82% of those who used the service rated it Good to Excellent
- Preparation for future occupations- 80% Good to Excellent
- Classroom facilities- 80% Good to Excellent
- Laboratory facilities- 73% Good to Excellent
- Preparation in written communication skills- 80% Good to Excellent
- Preparation in general computer skills- 76% Good to Excellent
- Preparation in word processing skills- 73% Good to Excellent
Education Contribution to Personal Growth
Student responses to the question, "How did your educational experience at FDTC contribute to your personal growth?" are as follows:
- Speaking effectively- 85% Very much to Some
- Comprehension of written materials and documents- 88% Very much to Some
- Understanding and applying math to daily life- 81% Very much to Some
- Organizational skills- 85% Very much to Some
- Determining personal and career goals- 87% Very much to Some
- Developing job hunting skills- 79% Very much to Some
- Self confidence in expressing your ideas- 84% Very much to Some
- Learning on your own- 86% Very much to Some
- Working cooperatively with others- 85% Very much to Some
- Understanding different philosophies and cultures- 81% Very Much to Some
- Developing self reliance- 84% Very much to Some
- Problem solving skills- 84% Very much to Some
- Decision making skills- 83% Very much to Some
- Understanding of human relations- 79% Very much to Some
Discovery Question 2004
2004 Graduates offered the following opinions when asked about customer service at FDTC.
- Customer Service- The customer service at FDTC was rated Excellent to Good by 79% of the students that were surveyed.
- Financial Aid- 71% of the Graduates reported that they relied on Financial Aid to pay for their tuition and fees while studying at FDTC.