Student Government Association President
- Students must review the SGA constitution and bylaws located in the Student Activities Office
- Students must understand his/her responsibilities as it states in the Constitution
- Students should submit 2 Faculty / Staff Recommendation Forms
- Students should complete SGA Application for President
- Student may campaign during times designated by the Student Activities Staff
- Debates will occur during campaigning
- Once elected, Student will serve one academic year and will be entitled to run for office a second term
All application packets are located in the Student Activities Office or can be printed from the Student Activities Web page.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline or student/ candidate is disqualified.
Student must also meet all criteria set forth in the application to qualify for the position of president and once approved may run for office.
Once elected, utilizing an electronic database, an inauguration ceremony will take place and the SGA president will be sworn in to office by a fellow SGA member and/or a person selected by the administration.
SGA President will be required to work in the Student Activities Office a minimum of 5 hours per week as well as assist with college and student activities and events.
A $500 stipend will be awarded at the end of Fall and Spring semesters.