Online / Distance Learning Tutorial Services
The Success Center has online tutorial services available to all currently enrolled FDTC students.
- Response time will be within 24 hours Monday - Thursday and 48 hours Friday - Sunday.
Tutorial Services are limited to FDTC students; questions submitted by email must include the following information to verify enrollment. E-mail messages submitted without this information will not be processed:
- Student name
- Student course and section number
- Student identification number
When a question is emailed to us, the sender will receive one of the following possible responses within 24 hours.
- The answer to the question.
- A request that the sender write out the question including all mathematical symbolism and any diagrams and submit it to the Success Center via fax at 843.661.8013.
- The response that the question is too complex to be dealt with via email or fax. The sender will need to come in to the Success Center in order for the question to be properly addressed.
The Success Center is now offering online interactive tutoring through TutorGiG and the Success Center D2L course.
Email your questions to email@example.com or fax your question to 843.661.8013. Questions submitted via email will be answered as quickly as possible.
Additional Online/ Distance Learning Resources
- Distance Learning Tutorials provided to online students and/or students at Main Campus and other FDTC sites
- Video phone (student allowed to call in from other campuses to receive assistance)
- Phone numbers available on Success Center D2L page
- Skype (any student with access to the internet can create a Skype account and access tutorial and/or support services during scheduled hours)
- Schedule available on Success Center D2L page
- ScribeLink (software utilized to allow tutor and student to work from same virtual whiteboard from different locations)
- Additional Information available on Success Center D2L page
- Success Center D2L class available to all registered students
- Self-guided tutorials (videos and power point presentations) ex. follows
- Resources (How to instructions for email, D2L, WebAdvisor and Skype access)
- YouTube instructional videos for curriculum courses
- Self remediation Services (Compass preparation materials)
- Study skills, Time Management presentations/ materials
- Area Community Service provider list (DSS, Hope Health, etc.)
- Campus Map
- Career Services Information
- Upcoming events/ flyers
- Internships when available
- Student Satisfaction survey
- Success Center web page also offers additional help links as well as viewable/printable workshops:
Student Comments from Success Center
“O.M.G. this girl really knows her stuff. Not only does she provide excellent service, but she doesn’t make you feel dumb when asking a question. She seems like she loves her job or maybe just helping”
“Lorissa is a great considerate tutor”
“Tutor is great, very patient and non-critical”
“Success Center provides courteous services and it is student oriented”
“Can’t wait to see how well I did on my test because of Shannon’s help”
“I love Lisa, she is great!”