Emergency Medical, Security & Weather Assistance
Security & Medical Assistance
|Normal Hours of Operation|
|Monday - Thursday||7:30am - 10:30pm|
|Friday||7:30am - 5:00pm|
For emergency assistance, dial x8210 (Main Campus), x8510 (Health Sciences Campus), or x2810 (SiMT). The switchboard operator (0) will contact the appropriate Emergency Medical Service (EMS) upon request from the security officer and/or the designated FDTC employee who assesses the urgency of the situation on site.
NOTE: During all other times (nights, weekends, holidays, etc.) there are no switchboard operators on duty and the appropriate EMS must be contacted directly by dialing 9-911.
Medical Emergency 8:00am - 11:00pm
- All students are provided with accident insurance coverage while on college property and/or during college sponsored and supervised activities. The maximum benefit is $5000 per accident.
- To report a medical emergency during normal business hours (accidental injury or sudden illness), call Security at Ext. 8210 on the main campus, Ext. 8510 at the Health Science Campus, or Ext. 2810 at SiMT or dial "0" and request assistance in locating either the appropriate Security or Student Services personnel. After 4:30pm contact the Security number(s) listed above.
- Stay with the individual until assistance arrives, collecting information for the Accident Report as needed.
- The Registrar Services Office files claim forms. Emergency medical services are available at McLeod Regional Medical Center and emergency transportation is provided by Florence County EMS.
Sheriff's Assistance 8:00am - 11:00pm
- Call security at Ext. 8210 or switchboard at "0" to report the incident before 4:30pm. Call Security after 4:30pm.
- Identify yourself and the injured person when reporting the incident, providing as much detail as possible.
- Telephone emergency calls are referred to the Registrar's Office at Ext. 8090 until 4:30pm. After 4:30pm, call Security at Ext. 8210 (Main Campus and Auxiliary Sites), at Ext. 8510 (Health Sciences Campus) or Ext. 2810 (SiMT).
- Telephone emergency messages are delivered to students only in the case of extreme emergencies (i.e. fire, death, severe accident, etc.).
- If it is determined that the call is not an Extreme emergency, the caller will be informed that college procedures do not permit an interruption of a class to leave a message for a student.
- If it is determined that the call is an Extreme emergency, the student will be immediately notified.
Hazardous Weather Policy
The President or his designee (Public Relations) will notify the following media in the event that the college must close or will not open due to hazardous weather conditions:
Radio: WJMX, WOLS, WYNN, WDAR,
WHSC, WZNS, WMXT, WHLZ, WJAY
TV: WPDE-15, WBTW-13, WIS TV-10
Information about hazardous weather closings will also be posted on our website at www.fdtc.edu and on our main information line at 843.661.TECH (8324) or toll free 1.800.228.5745, and will be given to the Director of Facilities and Security at Main Campus, who will then notify the other sites.