Caterpillar Dealer Academy - How to Apply
Student Selection Procedures
- Contact the person, from the dealership closest to you, to inform them of your interest in the Caterpillar Dealership Service Technician Program
- Complete an on-line application by visiting our website at www.fdtc.edu
- Submit an official high school transcript or GED, as well as college transcripts from any colleges you have attended . (An official transcript is submitted by mail from the school or college attended or hand delivered in a sealed envelope and includes graduation date, school seal and signature of a school official)
- Submit SAT or ACT scores (not valid after five years) or schedule the Compass and DAT teste with appropriate dealership.
- Return the enclosed Information Release Form to Florence Darlington Technical College
- Complete FASFA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov It takes 4-6 weeks to complete this process. The financial aid process should begin at least two months prior to registration.
3151 Charleston Highway
West Columbia, SC 29172
9000 Statesville Rd
Charlotte, NC 28269
4807 Beryl Road
Raleigh, NC 27606
Applicants may be required to take the COMPASS test, if SAT or ACT scores are below those required for the program. The DAT Mechanical Reasoning test is also required. Please contact the appropriate dealership regarding the time and place to take your placement tests. Admissions information may be forwarded to your area Caterpillar dealer for further consideration.
To begin the application process complete an online Florence-Darlington Technical College application by accessing the following site: Florence-Darlington Technical College.
For additional information or assistance contact Stephen Murphey at Florence-Darlington Tech @ 843.661.8187 or by email at Stephen.Murphey@fdtc.edu
Program Manager, CAT