The Mathematics Department consists of approximately 10 full-time faculty, as well as adjunct and online instructors. It offers transitional, general studies, and curriculum mathematics classes on the main campus, as distance learning classes, in some high schools, and online. The goal of the department is to provide the highest quality instruction at all levels by employing current best practices in mathematics education. Faculty members are a dynamic, forward-thinking team who:
- Integrate technology into all classes. This includes web-based materials as well as the use of the graphing calculator.
- Offer collaborative learning opportunities and use alternative forms of assessment in all classes.
- Stay abreast of new trends and update skills through conferences, workshops, self-study, and faculty collaboration.
- Monitor progress by assessing student achievement data.
- Continuously review and update course materials.
- Are actively involved in campus activities.
- Host the Annual Technical Mathematics Competition for high school students.