Financial Aid Tips
- Apply for financial aid early! It can take up to six to eight weeks to obtain approval. You will be notified as quickly as possible regarding the type and amount
of financial assistance you may be awarded. You MUST reapply for financial aid each academic year through FAFSA or renewal process.
- Please use the IRS Data Retrieval. This tool will use your completed tax return to automatically complete parts of your FAFSA application and makes the entire financial aid application process easier.
- Complete all applicable federal and state tax forms as soon as possible after January 1.
- Your financial aid cannot be awarded until all admission requirements are completed through the Admissions office.
- Documents you will need to complete the FAFSA:
- Federal Tax Returns - 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ (student, student & parent, or student and spouse) - prior year tax return. If you are applying for the 2014-15 year, you will need your 2013 tax return. If you are applying for the 2015-16 year, you will need your 2014 tax return.
- W-2 forms, prior tax year
- Worker's Compensation or Unemployment - statement of earnings
- Social Security Benefit Statement (retirement or disability)
- Child Support amounts (received and paid)
- Any other income
- Driver's license
- Florence-Darlington Tech's school code - 003990
- Keep copies of all financial aid documents, tax returns, etc.
- Respond quickly to all requests for information
- Clearly print the student's name and social security number on all documents requested by the financial aid office
- If you have any financial aid questions, please direct them to the Financial Aid staff only. Other students, faculty, or staff in other offices may not be up to date on recent regulations and changes.