All candidates for graduation must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required courses specified in the curriculum.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
- Achieve a cumulative final GPA of 2.0.
- Earn at least 25 percent of the total credit hours of his/her curriculum at FDTC. Exceptions can be made only by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Please print the Graduation Application.
- Complete the student information portion of the application.
- Obtain the required signatures.
- Pay the $25 per degree graduation fee in the Business Office.
- Submit the completed Graduation Application to Registrar Services (100 Building, Room 100H).
Candidates for graduation must file an application for graduation with the Registrar's Office at the beginning of the semester in which curriculum requirements will be completed. A $25 fee is required when the application is filed. If more than one degree, diploma, or certificate is earned by a student in any one semester, a separate application must be filed for each. All students who wish to participate in the May Commencement Ceremony must submit a Graduation Application to Registrar Services by the first Friday in March.
Commencement exercises are held at the end of each Spring Semester. Fall graduates and potential Summer graduates (with 12 hours or less to complete) may participate in the May exercise. A rehearsal is scheduled prior to the Graduation Ceremony. All candidates for graduation are expected to attend both the rehearsal and the commencement ceremony. The Registrar Services Office should be notified if a student does not plan to attend Commencement.
Invitations, Caps and Gowns
Graduation invitations can be ordered through the College Bookstore. Although the cost of a cap and gown is included in the graduation fee, students must report to the bookstore to be fitted during the month of February.
Information for ordering College rings may be obtained through the bookstore at anytime. Twice a year (generally October and February) a ring vendor representative is on campus to show rings and take orders. A deposit is required to order a ring, and a payment plan may be offered. Rings will be delivered to the students' home, C.O.D., within 10-12 weeks after the order is placed.