Skip to main content


Welcome to Registrar Services

The Registrar's Office provides support for the college's faculty, staff and students, in keeping within the FERPA Policies and guidlines. The Registrar's primary responsibility is to ensure the integrity, confidentiality and security of the College's educational records. In addition, The National Student Clearinghouse has partnered with the Registrar's Office and has been authorized to provide degree and enrollment verifications. If you are an employer or background screening firm requesting this information please visit

The Registrar's office is responsible for the maintenance of student records, transcripts and enrollment verifications, oversight of the registration process, verification of official grades, evaluation and award of transfer and non-course credits, course substitutions, degree conferrals, and record archival maintenance.

Our office is located in the 5000 Building, Room 5318 on the FDTC Main Campus.

We are here to assist you:

Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.and Friday 8 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.   

 Genell Gause-Registrar, Email: Phone: (843) 661-8090   Fax: (843) 661-8386

FDTC follows the guidance provided in the South Carolina Department of Archives and History General Records Retention Schedule for State Colleges and Universities. A primary function of the South Carolina Department of Archives and History is to work in partnership with state agency and local government officials in the proper management and guidelines for maintenance of Student Records,  and to identify and preserve for public access those of historical/archival value. The statutory basis for the Archives’ records management program is  located in the (Code of Laws of South Carolina 1976, as amended, Sections 30-1-10 through 30-1-170).

Schedules | SC Department of Archives and History 

Change of Name or Address

Change of Academic Major

Students desiring to change their program of study after enrolling should follow these steps:

  1. Complete the attached form.
  2. The completed form should be given to the new program advisor for approval annd data entry.
  3. Change of programs are ONLY processed at the beginning of a term or at the end of a term.
  4. A student who requests a change of program will be required to complete the program requirements as outlined in the catalog in effect at the time of the change in program.
  5. A copy of the approved form should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. 

Academic Honors

Student Honors

Student honors and admission to any Honor Society shall be based upon the student's cumulative GPA, in addition to any other program requirements.  However, the cumulative GPA would continue to be used to calculate academic honors.


Cum Laude 3.5 -   3.75    
Magna Cum Laude 3.76 - 3.95    
Summa Cum Laude 3.96 - 4.0    

President's List

Students who complete 12 or more credit hours and attain a 4.0 GPA  for the semester with no remedial courses. Students are not eliible for the President's List if they are repeating courses or receive a "D" or "F" grade during the current semester.

Dean's List

Students who complete 12 or more credit hours and attain a 3.5 GPA with no remedial courses.  Students are not eligible for the Dean''s List if they are repeating courses or receive a "D" or "F" grade during the current semester.

How To Calculate Your Own GPA

To calculate your GPA, divide the total number of grade points earned by the total number of letter graded units undertaken. For each unit of credit the following grade points are earned:


 A=4  MATH 101  B  3  9
 B=3  ENG 101  A  3  12
 C=2  PSY 201  C  3  6

                                           Semester GPA:    27 quality points/9 semester hours = 3.0  


Life Scholarship Renewal Requirements

Minimum Cumulative Life GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.

The LIFE GPA Policy calculates all college-level grades from every college you attended in the grade point average when determine eligbility renewal.

Annual Credit hours requirement: Minimum of 30 earned non-developmental/credit hours after the first year of college.

Students whose initial college enrollment begins Spring Semester (i.e. January) have renewal requirements of 15 credit hours and a 3.0. LIFE GPA prior to the beginning of Fall semester, and must earn 30 credit hours per year thereafter.

Transient Students

You can earn college credit toward your degree by taking classes with FDTC while home for your summer break!

If you are pursuing a degree at another college or university and want to get ahead.  Take classes at FDTC during the summer.  You must first submit an admissions application as a underclared transient student. You must also submit your transient (permission) approval form from your home college. You are NOT required to submit transcripts or take the placement test. Once you have submitted your application, please email or fax your transient form to or Fax: (843) 661-8386. Please check with your home school regarding Financial Aid. You can also setup a payment plan with the Bursar's Office.  Once you have completed your summer courses, please go to to forward your grades back to your home school.

Full User Details