PURPOSE: To outline the process for applying, verifying, and awarding Florence-Darlington Technical College degrees.
During each semester the Registrar will post notices stating the deadline for the receipt of completed graduations applications.
- ADMINISTRATIVE DEGREE AUDIT
The Registrar's office will furnish the academic departments with a list of potential graduates each semester. The academic program dean (or designee) reviews the student's education record and forwards degree audit and any Graduation Course Substitution forms to the Registrar's office for further processing.
- Upon receiving an electronic graduation audit form, the Registrar (or designee) reviews the student's education record to verify satisfactory completion of requirements for the final semester. If approved, the Registrar's office records the semester of graduation and the grade point average on the Graduation Application form. If not approved, the Registrar's office notifies the student by mail to contact the academic advisor regarding the graduation application status.
- GRADUATION CEREMONY
- FDTC conducts one graduation ceremony each year, following the completion of the spring semester. Students expecting to complete their course work by the end of the summer semester may participate in the graduation ceremony along with fall and spring graduates from the current academic year. Awarding of the actual credential will not take place until all requirements, including course work, are completed. Each student who plans to participate in the graduation ceremony must complete a Graduation Application at the Registrar's office or online at fdtc.edu/academics/registrar/graduation.
- RECORDS RETENTION
The Registrar's office maintains the Administrative Degree Audit, Graduation Application and all related documents in accordance with the General Records Retention Schedule for the state of South Carolina.
All candidates for graduation must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required courses specified in the curriculum.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
- Achieve a cumulative final GPA of 2.0.
- Earn at least 25 percent of the total credit hours of his/her curriculum at FDTC.
Graduates, it is now time to complete your graduation application before our deadline on March 13th. Graduation applications are available electronically on the FDTC website at https://www.fdtc.edu/academics/registrar/graduation, and in the Registrar’s Office located in the 5000 building, room 5318. We encourage all graduates to apply and attend our 2023 Commencement Ceremony to be held at the Florence Center.
- Cost: There is a $25.00 graduation application fee for each Certificate, Diploma, and Degree earned. Please contact the business office and pay prior to submitting your graduation application to the Office of the Registrar. (Bursar’s Office Contact: 843-66-8311 for payment)
- Bookstore: You must also reserve your cap and gown through the campus bookstore, no later than March 13th.
- Commencement: Summer graduates who are participating must have only 12 credit hours left to participate in commencement.
- Degrees: All degrees will be ordered based on applications submitted to the Registrar’s Office, this is required rather you participate in commencement or not.
If you have any questions or need any additional clarity, please contact us at 843-661- 8157.
- Graduation Application Deadline: Spring and Summer Graduates - March 13, 2023
Please print the graduation application here.-
- Complete the student information portion of the application.
- Obtain the required signatures from your academic advisor and business office. Due to COVID19 academic advisor signature may not be required.
- There is a $25 graduation fee paid to the Business Office for each degree.
- Graduation Application must be turned into the Registrar's Office located in the (100 Building, Room 100H) prior to the commencement ceremony or prior to the semester of graduation.
Duplicate Diploma Request Form
Order your diploma easily online. The cost to replace your diploma is $25.00 which includes shipping. Shipping options include Standard maile or pickup option. Your Diploma will be ordered and mailed within 4 to 5 weeks from the date of the order.
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email ys at firstname.lastname@example.org.