PURPOSE: To outline the process for applying, verifying, and awarding Florence-Darlington Technical College degrees.
During each semester the Registrar will post notices stating the deadline for the receipt of completed graduations applications.
- ADMINISTRATIVE DEGREE AUDIT
The Registrar's office will furnish the academic departments with a list of potential graduates each semester. The academic program dean (or designee) reviews the student's education record and forwards degree audit and any Graduation Course Substitution forms to the Registrar's office for further processing.
- Upon receiving an electronic graduation audit form, the Registrar (or designee) reviews the student's education record to verify satisfactory completion of requirements for the final semester. If approved, the Registrar's office records the semester of graduation and the grade point average on the Graduation Application form. If not approved, the Registrar's office notifies the student by mail to contact the academic advisor regarding the graduation application status.
- GRADUATION CEREMONY
FDTC conducts one graduation ceremony each year, following the completion of the spring semester. Students expecting to complete their course work by the end of the summer semester may participate in the graduation ceremony along with fall and spring graduates from the current academic year. Awarding of the actual credential will not take place until all requirements, including course work, are completed. Each student who plans to participate in the graduation ceremony must complete a Graduation Application at the Registrar's office or online at fdtc.edu/academics/registrar/graduation.
- RECORDS RETENTION
The Registrar's office maintains the Administrative Degree Audit, Graduation Application and all related documents in accordance with the General Records Retention Schedule for the state of South Carolina.
All candidates for graduation must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required courses specified in the curriculum.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
- Achieve a cumulative final GPA of 2.0.
- Earn at least 25 percent of the total credit hours of his/her curriculum at FDTC.
To the Graduating Candidates: 2020-2021
Florence-Darllington Technical College's Graduation Ceremony, which will be held on Thursday, May 13, 2021, at the Forence Center promptly at 6:30 p.m. Graduates must arrive at the Florence Center no later than 5:00 p.m. for commencement seating. Due to COVID19 and limited attendance at the Florence Cener. CDC Guidelines have reduced the tickets to 4 guest tickets per graduate. Tickets can be otained anytime after April 15, 2021 in the Office of the Registrar.
Tickets will only be provided for students who submitted an RSVP by the assigned deadline. Graduates should arrive dressed for Commencement at 5:00 p.m.
Florence Center - 3300 West Radio Drive, Florence, SC 29501
Please print the graduation application here.
- Complete the student information portion of the application.
- Obtain the required signatures from your academic advisor and business office. Due to COVID19 academic advisor signature may not be required.
- There is a $25 graduation fee paid to the Business Office for each degree.
- Graduation Application must be turned into the Registrar's Office located in the (100 Building, Room 100H) prior to the commencement ceremony or prior to the semester of graduation.
Duplicate Diploma Request Form
Order your diploma easily online. The cost to replace your diploma is $25.00 which includes shipping. Shipping options include Standard maile or pickup option. Your Diploma will be ordered and mailed within 4 to 5 weeks from the date of the order.
If you have additional questions, please don’t hesitate to email ys at firstname.lastname@example.org.