All candidates for graduation must meet the following requirements:
- Complete all required courses specified in the curriculum.
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College.
- Achieve a cumulative final GPA of 2.0.
- Earn at least 25 percent of the total credit hours of his/her curriculum at FDTC. Exceptions can be made only by the Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Please print the graduation application here.
- Complete the student information portion of the application.
- Obtain the required signatures from your academic advisor and business office.
- There is a $25 graduation fee paid to the Business Office for each degree.
- Graduation Application must be turned into the Registrar's Office located in the (100 Building, Room 100H) prior to the commencement ceremony.
If more than one degree, diploma, or certificate is earned by a student in any one semester, a separate application must be filed for each. All students who wish to participate in the May Commencement Ceremony must submit a Graduation Application to Registrar Services by the first Friday in March.
Commencement exercises are held at the end of each Spring Semester. Fall graduates and potential Summer graduates (with 12 hours or less to complete) may participate in the May exercise. A rehearsal is scheduled prior to the Graduation Ceremony. All candidates for graduation are expected to attend both the rehearsal and the commencement ceremony.
Florence-Darlington Technical College's May, 2017 Commencement Ceremony is scheduled for Thursday, May 11, 2017, at the Florence Civic Center, 3300 Radio Drive, Florence, SC.
Invitations, Caps and Gowns
Graduation invitations can be ordered through the College Bookstore. Although the cost of a cap and gown is included in the graduation fee, students must report to the bookstore to be fitted during the month of February.
Information for ordering College rings may be obtained through the bookstore at anytime. Twice a year (generally October and February) a ring vendor representative is on campus to show rings and take orders. A deposit is required to order a ring, and a payment plan may be offered. Rings will be delivered to the students' home, C.O.D., within 10-12 weeks after the order is placed.