Federal Parent Loans (PLUS)
PLUS Loan Information
- Loan program (must be repaid) for parents of dependent students.
- Repayment begins within 60 days of the disbursement and the minimum monthly payment is $50 to $60 for each loan.
- Offers up to $4,000 annually
- Rate of interest is variable and by law, will never exceed 9 percent.
- NOT based on financial need.
- Application are available at Federal Direct Lending.
- See Student Loan Default Prevention Program below.
- All loans will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
A student must...
- Be enrolled at least 6 credit hours in an eligible program. (If you are enrolled at least 6 credit hours per semester, you will receive the total amount of your loan awarded each semester.)
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- If you are applying for the Fall 2016, Spring 2017 or Summer 2017 semester, complete the 2016-17 FAFSA. If you are applying for the Fall 2015, Spring 2016 or Summer 2016 semester, complete the 2015-16 FAFSA.
A parent must...
- Possess good credit rating.
- Complete a PLUS Loan Application located at forms.fdtc.edu