Below is an instructional video showing how to fill out the Parent Plus Loan application for FDTC.
All links mentioned in the video are available below for your convenience:
PLUS Loan Information
- Loan program (must be repaid) for parents of dependent students.
- Repayment begins within 60 days of the disbursement and the minimum monthly payment is $50 to $60 for each loan.
- Offers up to $4,000 annually
- Rate of interest is variable and by law, will never exceed 9 percent. Interest rate is 5.3% for the 2020/2021 school year.
- NOT based on financial need.
- Application are available at Federal Direct Lending.
- See Student Loan Default Prevention Program below.
- All loans will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
A student must...
- Be enrolled at least 6 credit hours in an eligible program. (If you are enrolled at least 6 credit hours per semester, you will receive the total amount of your loan awarded each semester.)
- Complete Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
A parent must...
- Possess good credit rating.
- Complete a PLUS Loan Application located at forms.fdtc.edu