- Self-help aid (must be repaid)
- Repayment begins six months after the student graduates or ceases to be enrolled on at least a half-time basis.
- Provides loans of up to $3,500.00 for the 1st year and up to $4,500.00 for the 2nd year.
- Rate of interest is fixed at 4.29 percent for both subsidized and unsubsidized loans.
- Offers subsidized** or unsubsidized*** loans. (One can receive both loans for the same enrollment period. The total subsidized loan cannot exceed a yearly amount of $3,500 for first year students and $4,500 for second year students. The total unsubsidized loan cannot exceed a yearly amount of $2,000 for dependent students and $6,000 for independent students.)
- See Student Loan Default Prevention Program.
- Federal Stafford Loan Exit Counseling must be completed after the student graduates or withdraws from the college.
- All loans will be submitted to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), and will be accessible by guaranty agencies, lenders, and schools determined to be authorized users of the data system.
|A student must...
- Be a U.S. citizen, or eligible non-citizen.
- Be enrolled at least 6 credit hours in an eligible program. (If you are enrolled at least 6 credit hours per semester, you will receive the total amount of your loan awarded each semester.)
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- NOT be in default on other student loans.