- Scholarships from the State of South Carolina.
- Pays up to $2,500 per semester of tuition and fees.
- Awarded fall and spring semesters.
- NOT based on financial need.
- Required Remedial Courses are allowed for students receiving financial assistance. LIFE Scholarship does not cover Remedial Courses.
- Students enrolled in a Certificate or Diploma program can receive LIFE Scholarship for 2 semesters. Students enrolled in an Associates Degree can receive LIFE Scholarship for 4 semesters if they meet the credit hour and gpa requirements for continuing students.
- Additional information is available on the Internet at: www.SCcollegeaid.org.
- Cannot receive lottery tuition assistance if you receive LIFE.
- Students are allowed to defer two terms of LIFE eligibility due to required enrollment in developmental classes at FDTC. Students can waive their LIFE scholarship for two semesters of their first year of college enrollment due to developmental classes in both semesters OR for fall semester only. For further details, please meet with the FA Assistant Director.
Entering Freshman must...
- Be a South Carolina resident.
- Be a SC High School graduate.
- Have a cumulative 3.0 grade point average (GPA) based on the Uniform Grading Policy (UGP) upon high school graduation.
- Submit Final High School Transcript to Admissions Office.
- Have NOT been convicted of any SECOND alcohol or drug related misdemeanor in any state for 12 months prior to the period of the award.
- Be enrolled in 12 credit hours of regular courses in an eligible program. ThisEXCLUDES remedial courses.
- COMPLETE 30 CREDIT HOURS OF COURSES LEVEL 101 OR HIGHER, EARN A 3.00 CUMULATIVE GPA, AND MEET ALL OTHER QUALIFICATIONS BY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR. (You may choose to enroll in 15 credit hours fall and spring semester or take 12 hours fall and spring semesters and enroll in 6 credit hours for the summer semester.)
- Sign the LIFE Scholarship Affidavit at forms.fdtc.edu.
Continuing or Transfer Student must...
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 cum GPA from all colleges attended.
- NOT have felony or drug or alcohol convictions in preceding 12 months/calendar year.
- COMPLETE 30 CREDIT HOURS OF COURES LEVEL 101 OR HIGHER, EARN A 3.00 CUMULATIVE GPA, AND MEET ALL OTHER QUALIFICATIONS BY THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR IN ORDER TO QUALIFY FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR. (You may choose to enroll in 15 credit hours fall and spring semester or take 12 hours fall and spring semesters and enroll in 6 credit hours for the summer semester.) This is adjusted to 15 hours if enrollment started in January.
- Remedial courses do not count towards the 30 required credit hours.
- Submit to the Registrar the final transcript from transfer College. Continuing students can go to the Registrar or Financial Aid Office to inquire about continued eligibilty.
- Must sign the LIFE Scholarship Affidavit at forms.fdtc.edu.