Lottery Tuition Assistance
Lottery Tuition Assistance Information
- South Carolina State grant
- Awards are subject to change as the state determines the dollar amount per credit hour available each semester.
- Spring 2017 maximum full time award is $1140.
- $95 per six to eleven credit hours.
- Based on the number of credit hours enrolled.
- Funds are applied to tuition only, not books.
- Funds are adjusted based on the total credit hours per semester and other aid awarded.
- You may be eligible for loans and lottery funding at the same time. Other aid awarded is applied first. (Pays difference up to the in-county tuition amount only.)
- Available to students with Bachelors degree.
- For special circumstances certain students may waive the FAFSA requirement:
- Dually enrolled high school enrolled in 6 or more credit hours who are placed in either a certificate, diploma, or degree program.
- Student who has already earned a Bachelor's degree or higher.
- Parent's refusal to disclose their information for their dependent student who are unable to complete the FAFSA.
|A student must...
- Be a SC Resident
- Be enrolled in a diploma, certificate, or associate degree program for a minimum of 6 credit hours.
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Be enrolled at least 6 credit hours
- Maintain a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA (once attempted 24 credit hours)
- NOT be in default on a loan under the Federal Perkins Loan or Federal Stafford Loan programs.
- NOT owe a refund or repayment of a state grant, Pell grant, or a Supplemental Educational Grant
- NOT be a LIFE scholarship eligible student.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Financial Aid file