Application and acceptance to the College is required before a student is allowed to register for classes.
Students should complete the following list of activities for registration:
Review the list of required program courses in the FDTC Catalog. Review course offerings either on our website via WebAdvisor's Schedule of Classes or in the printed Class Schedule, which is made available in the Admissions and Registrar Services offices approximately two weeks before pre-registration begins.
Make an appointment with his/her academic advisor each semester to discuss a schedule of classes for the next semester. Faculty advisors' office hours are posted on their office doors.
Have selected courses entered into the College's computer system during published registration dates in one of the following ways:
- Register online with WebAdvisor/Students/Register for Classes.
- Make an appointment with his/her academic advisor for advisement and registration.
- Present a registration form signed by the advisor to the Registrar Services office in the 100 Building for data entry.
- Check printed copy of registration schedule immediately after registering to confirm courses, days, times and campus locations. Any necessary corrections can then be made before leaving the advisor's office or the registration area.
- Pay tuition by published deadline dates each semester. The College does not send out tuition bills. Account information can be accessed through WebAdvisor/Student Account Summary. If tuition and fees are not paid by payment deadlines, a $50.00 late fee will be charged and/or all classes will be dropped for nonpayment.
- Obtain a parking decal from the Security office located at the entrance to the College.
- Obtain a student identification card from the Student Activities office on the first floor of the 5000 Building.