UPDATE: March 24, 2020
The 2020 Spring Commencement Ceremony has been postponed: https://bit.ly/33JOv68
UPDATE: March 19, 2020
On Thursday, Interim President Edward Bethea addressed faculty and staff about Florence-Darlington Technical College's efforts during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://bit.ly/33xYA6s
UPDATE: March 18, 2020
The Bookstore will be operate Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Florence-Darlington Technical College (FDTC) will closely monitor developments related to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and will continue to follow updates provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC). As always, our primary concerns are the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff.
FDTC has been meeting and preparing alternate methods of instructional and service delivery in an event the college has to execute contingency plans. The College has taken measures to increase awareness across campus on how to minimize the spread of germs and diseases. The College is frequently communicating with faculty, staff, and students through emails and informational posters throughout the campus.
FDTC’s custodial staff and facilities are increasing their monitoring and cleaning efforts in public areas and around campuses. Located around campus are fully stocked hand sanitizer units on the walls and appropriate foam soaps in the facilities.
For the most up to date information, please visit the CDC and SC DHEC websites.
SC DHEC Website
COVID-19 Quick Facts
Also, in the event of a campus closure, we will follow emergency protocols and will work with faculty, staff, and students to mitigate learning disruptions that could impact academic progression and financial aid.
Please find below a few important steps you can take to ensure your own personal wellbeing and assist in maintaining a healthy campus environment.
According to the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath
The CDC and the SC DHEC recommend using the following precautions:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid contact with respiratory secretions.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Self-isolate if you become sick.
Faculty, staff, and students should continue to check their FDTC email for any further updates and information.