The Florence Darlington Technical College Educational Foundation is forever grateful to donors who support the special projects and needs of our students each year. Your gift is critical in helping students overcome financial obstacles, enable staff to excel professionally and ensures current instructional programming. Formed in 1979, the Foundation is a 501C3 which supports all essentials of the College and our students.
The Foundation is separate from the College but operates exclusively for the benefit of the College. The Foundation acquires its funding from charitable contributions from businesses, industries, civic and professional groups, other foundations, alumni and individuals.
The Foundation supports programs and activities that promote the College’s mission and goals by:
- Raising funds from private sources to provide scholarships and other support needed by students.
- Enhancing the quality of education through acquisition of state-of-the-art instructional equipment and recognition of faculty and staff professional development endeavors.
- Fostering better public understanding of the College’s mission and encouraging wider participation in the College’s community activities.
- Recognizing outstanding teaching and leadership.
- Funding special capital projects and facilities.
- Raising support for other special projects relating to the College.
The mission of the Florence-Darlington Technical College Educational Foundation is to support the College in all its efforts to provide comprehensive technical education, workforce development, and educational services to students, business & industry and the market it serves. In keeping with the goal, the Foundation will aid the College in achieving its mission of playing a major role in the economic development and quality of life of its constituents. This aid is rendered by raising funds from private sources (individuals, businesses, corporations and foundations) to provide scholarships and other support services needed by our students and is used solely for the benefit of FDTC and its programs.