The Perkins CTE Program serves students enrolled in eligible career and technical education programs. This program has been established through funding of the Carl B. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins Grant).
- FDTC student must have completed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be receiving financial assistance through Student Financial Services (SFS) for the indicated semester.
- FDTC student must be enrolled in a Career and Technical Education (CTE) credit program leading to associate degrees, certificates or diplomas. Exceptions include: Associate in Arts, Associate in Science, and any certificates that begin with “Pre-,” such as Pre-Health Care or Pre-Nursing
- Cumulative 2.5 GPA (does not apply to a new student)
- Additional criteria may apply
Preference is Given to Students in the Following Perkins CTE Special Populations’ Groups
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals from economically disadvantaged families; including low-income youth and adults
- Individuals preparing for nontraditional employment (e.g., females enrolled in engineering, males enrolled in nursing)
- Single parents, including single pregnant women
- Out-of-Workforce Individuals
- English learners
- Homeless individuals
- Youth are in or have aged out of, the foster care system
- Youth with a parent who is a member of the armed forces; and is on active duty.
Services and Benefits:
- Tutoring (Online and On-Campus)
- Academic and Career Advisement (Online and On-Campus)
- Exposure to career opportunities
- Workshops (Financial Literacy, Life Skills, Study Skills and etc.)
How to Apply: Download the Perkins Application and email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, contact PERKINS CTE Program at 843.661.8281 (Main Campus – 300 Building), or email us at email@example.com
Monday—Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
Friday: 8:00am to 11:30 am