The college encourages participation by students, both on campus, online and through distance learning, in a broad array of organizations on campus. Students wishing to form an organization on campus must have formal approval by the College. Pending official approval, a proposed organization is permitted to meet on campus but only for the purpose of organizing. The request for charter approval may be obtained from the Student Life Office and on the Student Life Web page.
The Organizational Charter application can be found here. Please be sure to read this whole page first.
The Activity and Fundraising Event form can be found here.
The following information is required of organizations seeking to be chartered by Florence-Darlington Technical College:
(A) Guidelines for College Organizations
- The faculty advisor initiates the request form. The forms may be obtained from the Student Life Office or on the Student Life Web page.
- The request form is submitted to the Student Life Staff.
- Upon approval by the Student Life Staff the request form is forwarded to the Dean of Student Services for approval.
- The request form is then forwarded to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement and Development for approval and then to the President of the College for final approval.
- The request form is then returned to the Life Office at which time the Club/Organization Advisor will be notified of approval.
- The Student Life Department will allocate $75.00 to each chartered student organization at the beginning of the fall semester to assist with programming. All requests for funding must be submitted to the Student Life Office to be considered. Organizations must be chartered prior to fall semester to qualify for funding.
- The financial records of any student organization must be available to members of the organization at all times.
- All funds for student organizations will be held in the bank depository by the College. Requests for expenditures of funds will require the signature of the advisor and an officer of the organization.
- The Business Office adheres to Tuesday and Thursday check writing days with the exception of holidays and month-end closing. Requests for a check to be written should be authorized and in Business Office one day prior to the Tuesday and Thursday check writing dates. Only in Extreme emergencies will a check be written otherwise.
(B) Student Organization Supervision
The purpose of Student Organization Supervision is to provide guidelines for the organization and implementation of student organizations.
It is the responsibility of the department or division (whichever is applicable) to insure that an employee serves as an advisor to each professional student organization. These responsible individuals must insure the proper organization and charter of new clubs and the orderly conduct of existing clubs in accordance with procedures outlined by the Student Activities Office.
Each organization must complete and submit the following forms to the Student Life Office:
- Request for Charter Approval
- Charter up-date for college organization (annually)
(C) Student Fundraising Project
If the organization wishes to conduct a fund-raising activity, a Fundraising Request Form must be submitted to the Student Life Office for approval prior to conducting the activity. This will provide a uniform record keeping method for student fundraising activities.
- Students representing the organization seeking to sponsor a fundraising activity may obtain appropriate forms from the Student Life Office as well as the Student Life Web Page.
- The fundraising request form will be completed by designated members of the student organization and the advisor. The fundraising request form must be submitted to the Student Life Office.
- Following approval by the Student Life Office the form is forwarded to the Dean of Student Services for final approval.
- Notification of the final approval will be forwarded to the Student Life Office and organization advisor.