Students have the right to:
- Expect all disability-related information to be treated confidentially.
- Receive appropriate accommodations in a timely manner from faculty and ADA Services. Students should have the opportunity to meet privately with faculty to discuss needed accommodations and any other concerns. Please keep in mind that ADA Services is the only office designated to review disability documentation and determine eligibility for appropriate accommodations.
- Appeal decisions regarding accommodations and auxiliary aids.
Students have the responsibility to:
- Provide ADA Services with appropriate documentation of the disability.
- Go to the instructor's office hours or make an appointment with the instructor to facilitate privacy when requesting accommodations.
- Initiate requests for specific accommodations in a timely manner, preferably early in the semester.
- Follow procedures with faculty and ADA Services in order to get the appropriate accommodations.
- nform ADA services of the materials you need in alternate format as soon as possible.
- Notify faculty/ADA Services immediately (preferably within 48 hours) when an accommodation is not being provided completely or correctly.
- Notify faculty/ADA Services immediately when a decision has been made to not use an accommodation or the accommodation is no longer needed.
- Act as your own advocate. Use resources on campus to assist with developing advocacy skills and communicating your specific needs and accommodations to faculty.