TRUCK DRIVING TRAINING/CDL PROGRAM
Florence Darlington Technical College Truck Driving Training Program offers high quality Class A driver training with emphasis placed on Courtesy counts and Safety saves. Exceptional professional training is provided at seven location sites by instructors with a combined 150 years of experience in the industry and offers classroom, hands on, skills and on the road training to prepare students to have the opportunity to move into an industry career that is growing every year and continues to have employment opportunities available every day.
TRUCK DRIVING TRAINING PROGRAM MANAGER
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS TRAINING PROGRAM (NCCER)
Florence Darlington Technical College offers Heavy Equipment Operators Training with accreditation through NCCER, (National Center For Construction Education And Research). Students are trained at around a 20 to 1 ratio of hands on, in the field to class training time. This strengthens the student by allowing them to train hands on the equipment and in the environment that they will operate in when working in this type career. Four tractor types are used to train in excavation operations, such as the dozer, backhoe, excavator and loader. Student training and testing are conducted by the guidelines and requirements of NCCER and FDTC. Construction opportunities abound, just look as you travel and you will see sites that under construction that might be looking for you.
HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS
TRAINING PROGRAM MANAGER
The Advanced Welding and Cutting Center at Florence-Darlington Technical College provided quality training in Welding, Pipe Welding, Pipe Fitting, and Valve Technician which prepares the student for a career in the power industry, as well as the chemical and petroleum industries. See the attached brochures for more information or call 843-413-2720.
CWD Program Areas
The FDTC Corporate and Workforce Development Department offers a variety of education and training programs to suit your needs. We offer the traditional classroom setting as well as a diverse number of online programs you can access from the comfort of your home. The schedule portion takes you to our current classroom and online schedules in the form of our latest edition of the Tech Express.
If you prefer the traditional classroom setting you’ll find our professional educators and trainers offering you top quality education to further your career. More >
Current Course Schedule
The schedule portion takes you to our current classroom and online schedules in the form of our latest edition of Tech Express. More
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the curriculum provided in the 2018 SHRM Learning System is designed by global subject matter experts and covers the entire SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). Throughout the program HR professionals are encouraged to acquire the Competencies and Knowledge they'll need to effectively perform their jobs and achieve career success. Our course is designed to help you learn and retain the material effectively and efficiently by combining the best exam preparation system with expert instruction and peer discussion.
Florence-Darlington Technical College's program offers you a preparation course to help meet your needs and increase your success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP exams.
Benefits To You
- An experienced, SHRM-certified instructor.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool.
- Ability to acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies to help you prepare for the exam.
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track.
- Opportunities to network and learn from your peers.
- Eligibility for tuition reimbursement.
- Earning up to 36 professional development credits (PDCs) if you are attending this program for professional development only.
Benefits To Your Employer
- It demonstrates that your HR professionals have mastered the application of HR technical and behavioral competencies.
- Certification prepares your HR staff to assume greater leadership roles and contribute to the strategic direction of your organization.
- Exam preparation helps HR professionals bring new ideas to your organization that will help drive success.
- It helps create a common HR language that optimizes consistency and effectiveness.
- Certification is relevant worldwide, as exams cover the global SHRM BoCK.
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification. Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
Advance you career
If you're not interested in certification but want to improve your HR skills, this course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core behavior and technical competencies and increase productivity in the workplace.