FDTC Libraries are located on the main campus (Rooms 207-208) and the health sciences campus (F211). Resource rooms are available at the Hartsville, Lake City, and Mullins sites.
The collection, which supports the college transfer, technical education, distance learning, and continuing education programs, includes print, non-print, and electronic materials.
The services include copying equipment, borrowing privileges, study rooms, interlibrary loan, Internet access, audiovisual viewing rooms, and computer lab.
Library staff provides information and guidance in locating and using library materials. Library orientation tours and information literacy instruction are available upon request for classes, individuals, or faculty.
Looking for digitized yearbooks? See the full collection here.
The mission of Florence-Darlington Technical College Libraries is to serve the educational needs of students, faculty, staff and members of the community by providing them with print, non-print and electronic resource materials. These materials provide support for the college's transfer, technical education, and continuing programs and are for use by individuals concerned with personal or professional growth and development. This mission is fulfilled by a professional staff who assist patrons in their effective use of the library resources.
Spring 2019 Semester Hours
|Weekday||Wellman, Inc. (Main Campus)||Segars (Health-Science Campus)|
|Monday - Thursday
||8:30am - 5:00pm
||8:30am - 11:30am
(Changes in hours will be posted.)
Main Contact: 843-661-8034 | Linda.Coe@FDTC.Edu
- Computer Use Policy
- Copyright Policy
- Cell Phone Policy: When entering the Library, please set cell phones, pagers, and other electronic devices to silent or vibrate mode. If cell phone use is required, users will be expected or asked to move to a location away from fellow students or outside of the library, so conversations will not disturb others.
- The maximum number of items a student may borrow is ten (this includes a limit of five DVDs).
- FDTC students, faculty or staff must have their TECH ID. Community borrowers must show a picture ID to checkout items.
- Print books are loaned for a three-week period | Laptops - 2 day checkout | Reserve Items - Library Use Only | DVD's - 7 day checkout | Models - 7 day checkout.
- Patrons are responsible for materials used and their proper return.
- Delinquent items may not be renewed over the telephone. Delinquent items must be returned before any other items are charged.
- Patrons are responsible for any lost or damaged print, non-print materials or equipment. Checkout privileges may be revoked for any lost or damaged item. Adequate clearance of financial obligations is necessary before registration or graduation.
- Patrons who lose library materials will be required to pay the cost of not less than $40 plus a $30 processing fee per item.
- All items must be returned to the library by the end of each semester.
- Periodicals and newspapers must be used within the library.
- Reference items designated by REF above the classification number must be used within the library.
- The use of tobacco products are not allowed in the library.
- Silence in libraries is standard courtesy. Students guilty of disturbing others will be asked to refrain from loud talking, first. On the second offense, they will be asked to leave the library.
- Public Law 16-13-330 and 16-13-340 specifically deal with stealing, defacing or damaging items, periodicals, recordings, films, etc.