CCAMPIS-Child Care Access Means Parents in School Program
The goal of CCAMPIS is to assist low-income students who are a new student or enrolled student at FDTC with child care expenses so they could persist and graduate. The CCAMPIS program provides childcare funding to achieve grant outcomes emphasizing student parent enrollment, persistence and graduation. We encourage CCAMPIS students to understand these outcome goals. CCAMPIS is a 4-year federal grant through the US Department of Education, but is always dependent on funds available from the Department of Education at the federal level.
CCAMPIS MISSION Statement
Our mission is to promote and support student achievement while attending FDTC.
- New Student or Enrolled Student
- Eligible for a Pell Grant
- Good Academic Standards
- Based on Income (Sliding Scale)
- Not be eligible for any other government assistance programs
- Enrolled thought out the entire semester
- Apply each semester for the program.
- Volunteer (3) or more hours at daycare.
- Workshops (2) per semester one is on campus and one is online.
- Complete an annual survey and post-graduate survey for graduate.
- Provide a copy of their schedule each semester.
Students must be currently enrolled or a new enrolled student.
Pell Grant Eligible:
Students must submit a FAFSA (Federal Student Aid Application). CCAMPIS Director must verify from the Financial Aid department whether you are eligible for a Pell grant.
Good Academic Standards:
Student is considered in good standards when their FDTC cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) is a 2.0 or higher. Not on academic suspension!
This program is designed to serve low-income families. The scale is based on a sliding scale from the Department of Education. This scale is used to determine the student eligibility for this program. It is based on household size and income. Students must bring in either their paystubs or their tax information. If the student has no income the student must provide us with a Non-filer form.
How to apply
If you feel you are qualified for this grant, please feel free to apply by picking up an application from room 106 or print an application from this website.
Student must fill out the following forms or complete the following forms
- CCAMPIS Eligibility and Consent form
- Verification Form
- CCAMPIS Approved Daycare facilities
- Bring in their last two pay stubs or your Tax forms (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ)
Parents Resource links
Student May Become Ineligible for Future Funds
- Outstanding Balance at current or previous daycare facilities.
- Failure to do workshops
- Failure to do volunteer hours
- Failure to do one on one orientation
Selecting a daycare facility for your child is a huge decision for a parent. It should not be taken lightly on the daycare it parent has selected for his or her child. There are numerous daycare facilities throughout our counties, it can be very difficult to determine the daycare of your choices. Make sure before you take or assign your child up for a day care, please asks questions!
Here are a few questions you may want to ask the director while touring the daycare facility:
- Is the daycare an ABC Licensed Facility?
- Is this daycare certified?
- Is the hour flexible to pick/drop off my child?
- What is the caregiver to child ratio?
- What is your sick policy?
- What additional fees I may need to know about?
- Do your charge a late fee etc.?
- What are your registration fees?
- What are some learning techniques you may teach my child?
- How much notice does a parent need if we want to remove our child/children from a daycare?
Important Dates for Application: Will be announced at a later date.
"Since I’ve been in this program with FDTC, Little Promise Daycare has helped me out with so much with my babies. They take the time out to teach my kids things that they need to know, from my son saying his abc’s to my daughter learning how to sit up and hold her bottle. They have impressed me with so much with spending that one on one time with them and treating them as if they are their own. I am very thankful to be one of the students that was chosen to be in this program. And also to have my kids to experience life learning things that they will need to know."
"Before receiving the child care assistance I had a hard time being able to put in much needed study at the school after school hours. Because of this program I am now doing a lot better in class! Great program and greatly appreciated!"
"The CCAMPIS program has lifted a huge weight off of my shoulders by helping to provide child care services so that I may attend class. As a single mother, it is hard to find the time to be able to work, go to school, and spend time with your child. Through the CCAMPIS program I have been able to attend class full-time and spend quality time with my child, instead of wondering how I would be able to afford daycare week to week for me to attend class. The CCAMPIS program has also enabled me to have more study time outside of class where I can focus and get my homework done. In addition to helping me further my education, the daycare provided for my child through this program has also been exceptional. Everyone knows my child personally and really made both of us feel welcome. My child loves going each day, and the safe and loving environment allows me to go to class without having to worry about my child during the day. I would highly recommend the CCAMPIS program to any other parent who is tying to find a way to further their education. "
Frequently ask questions about the program
- Do I need to fill out an application for each one of my children?
No, list each child on one application.
- When will I know whether I am eligible for this program
Review the above requirements.
- What forms do I need to turn in with my application?
Application, Verification Form, Tax information, & CCAMPIS consent and eligibility form.
- How long will my application stay on file
Your application will stay on file, but an application need to be fill out each semester.
- Why do I have to fill out an application each semester?
The director need to verify whether the student is meeting the requirements.
- Do I have to attend all the workshops?
Yes, the workshops are mandatory!
- Am I responsible for the 3 hours of volunteer hours?
Yes, the volunteer is also mandatory!
- How many children will you cover under this program?
We would cover up to three children under this program.
- What is the age range?
Infant to 8 years of old.
- Is afterschool care covered?
Most after schools are closed at 6:00. It depends on the school availability & if the afterschool is an ABC License facility/ a Partner with FDTC.
- What is my responsibility?
To pay your dues, meet the requirement, keep a good academic standards, still be eligible for the Pell grant etc.
- How often should my child attend daycare?
3 or more days. If child keep miss days they would be pull out of the program.
- Do I need to inform the director when I add or withdraw out of a class?
- What happens if my child/children misses more than 3 days?
If it becomes a pattern then the child will no longer be eligible for the program.
- What makes me ineligible for this program?
Review the below requirement.
- Am I responsible for late fees with the daycare?
Yes, you need to check with the daycare about their policies for late fees.
- Library – 200 Building
- Success Center- 300 Building
- Student Support Services – 5000 Building
- Financial Aid – 5000 Building
- Project Rush Program – 5000 Building
- Math Hub – 7000 Building
Phone Number: 843-413-2706
Email Address: Melissa.Cooper@fdtc.edu
Office: Florence Site (Main Campus)
100 Building Room 106
Office Hours: 8:00 AM -5:30 Monday – Tuesday -Wednesday 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM, &Thursday until 12:00 PM